Get help paying for college! Our checklist will guide you through the process.
- Complete your Federal taxes.
Your spouse (if applicable) and/or parents' taxes may also be required. http://www.irs.gov/.
- Sign up for an FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov.
The FSA ID serves as your digital signature for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and login information for Federal Student Aid websites. Students can apply for an FSA ID anytime and it is recommended to have one before completing the FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, your parent will also need to create an FSA ID.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
In order to be considered for the most desirable financial aid package for the 2017-2018 academic year, please make sure your file is complete by February 1.
- Search and apply for scholarships
- If requested, complete the Verification form. Please refer to the 2016-17 OR 2015-16 academic year verification instructions.
- Check your Financial Aid Status in Campus Information Services.
- Accept your Financial Aid online in Campus Information Services.
- If accepting loans, complete the Loan Counseling for Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans and/or Loan Counseling for Perkins Loans.
This must be done every year you accept a loan.
- Complete Master Promissory Notes (MPN), if necessary
The MPN is a legally binding agreement between you and us and contains the terms and conditions of your loans.