University of Utah Merit Scholarship with Presidential Honors
A scholarship for students who qualify for both the Merit Scholarship and the President's Scholarship. The selection criteria are the same as for the President's Scholarship.
These honors include funds in addition to any tuition waiver scholarship a student might receive. The dollar value of the award includes a $750 annual cash stipend from the University of Utah, and a minimum $500 cash stipend from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
A total of approximately $35,000 (which includes a resident tuition waiver, mandatory fees, plus an additional cash award) for a maximum of 8 semesters or until the student receives a baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first. Tuition and mandatory fees up to and including 18 hours per semester are covered. Students on tuition waiver scholarships are required to complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships (93)
- Entering Freshmen
- Fulltime Status, Merit
- Contact Information:
- Financial Aid and Scholarships Office, 801-581-6211
- Additional Application Requirements:
- Merit scholarship consideration will be based on the ACT/SAT test score with which students are admitted. Results from tests taken after the official October test date, initial or retakes, will not be taken into consideration for scholarship eligibility.
- Other Requirements:
- Full time enrollment (minimum of 12 hours) is required for disbursement of any tuition waiver or scholarship award. Renewal criteria for Presidential Honors are a 3.6 cumulative GPA and completion of 24 hours of course work (20 of which must be graded) every two semesters, namely fall and spring of an academic year. Students who do not meet the 3.6 GPA requirement for the President's scholarship are still considered for the cash stipend from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.