Alumni Nonresident U Tradition Award and Heritage Scholarship
A scholarship for nonresident high school seniors who will be first-year entering freshmen, and nonresident transfer students who matriculate at the University of Utah seeking an undergraduate degree, and who have at least one parent who holds a degree from the University of Utah. Freshmen applicants must complete the admission process to the University of Utah by December 1 and transfer applicants by April 1st . Freshmen applicants must be admitted with the University of Utah current year's minimum GPA, ACT/SAT score. Transfer applicants must be admitted with the current year's minimum transfer GPA. Full-time enrollment (12 course hours per semester) is required.
Value: This award consists of the U Tradition Award in the amount of $3,000 per year, awarded for up to eight semesters or until the student receives a baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first. In addition, depending upon academic preparation, students may qualify for additional funding through the Heritage Scholarship in the amount of $3,000 to $6,000.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships (92)
- Entering Freshmen
- Fulltime Status, Merit, Demonstrated Financial Need
- Other Residency Requirement:
- By state law, students receiving this award as described above, may not count participation in the award program toward the twelve continuous months of in-state residency required to establish Utah resident status for tuition purposes.
- Application Information:
- The admissions process must be complete by December 1 and students specify on the Admission Application that one of his/her parents is an alumnus of the University of Utah, and provide additional details as requested on the form.
- Contact Information:
- Financial Aid and Scholarships Office, 801-581-6211
- Additional Application Requirements:
- Nonresident students of alumni parentage who receive more than one nonresident University of Utah award offer will need to indicate a preference for one award and decline all others.
- Annual Award Minimum: $3,000
Annual Award Maximum: $9,000
- Renewable - To renew the U Tradition Award, students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and complete 24 hours of course work every two semesters of the academic year, namely fall and spring. Grades are reviewed after the second, fourth, and sixth semester of an academic year. To renew the Heritage Scholarship portion of the award, students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- December 1 Priorty Deadline