Western Undergraduate Exchange
The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE).
This award represents a tuition discount for nonresident high school seniors who will be first-time entering freshmen only. Transfer applicants and continuing non-WUE University of Utah students are not eligible for consideration. A limited number of awards will be made, based on academic merit. Applicants must be permanent residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, South Dakota, Oregon, Washington, or Wyoming.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships (93)
- Entering Freshmen
- Other Residency Requirement:
- By state law, students receiving this award as described above, may not count participation in the award program toward the twelve continuous months of in-state residency required to establish Utah resident status for tuition purposes.
- Application Information:
- You must meet all the University of Utah freshman admission requirements by completing the admissions process by the preferred filing date of February 1. You will also need to submit an email to the scholarship office (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting to be considered for the WUE Program by February 15th.
- Contact Information:
- Financial Aid and Scholarships Office, 801-581-6211
- Annual Award: Recipients of the WUE award pay 150% of in-state tuition, plus any mandatory student fees for fall and spring semesters of an academic year.
- Renewable - Recipients continue to pay WUE tuition rates. They may receive the award for a maximum of ten semesters or until they receive a baccalaureate degree, whichever comes first. The cumulative University of Utah GPA requirement is 3.0 or above.
- February 15