2016-2017 Financial Aid Processing
A complete file includes, but is not limited to:
- Filing your FAFSA
- Completing any incomplete checklist items (as determined by our office)
The average processing times for these items can be at least 2 - 3 weeks. We will notify students through their UMail account any time additional information is requested.
2017-2018 Scholarship Process for Freshmen and Transfer Students
- All entering freshmen will automatically be considered for merit scholarships upon admission to University of Utah provided they meet the December 1 priority date.
- All transfer students will automatically be considered for merit scholarships upon admission to the U of U provided they meet the February 1 date.
- Need based scholarships do not require a separate scholarship application.
- Students must complete FAFSA application and Financial Aid file with the U of U by February 1 to be considered
- Diversity scholarships do not require a separate application, but it is imperative
to answer all fields and open response questions on the Admissions application by
the December 1 priority date.
- FAFSA and financial aid data may also be used to evaluate diversity scholarship candidates.
Merit scholarship notifications are sent out approximately one to three weeks following admissions decisions. Please check your UMail account for scholarship award notifications. Awards must be accepted through CIS.
Scholarship Deadlines (Same as Admissions Deadlines)
- Transfer (2017-2018 academic year): February 1, 2017
- Need-based (2017-2018 academic year): February 1, 2017
- Completed FAFSA and Financial Aid File Required
- Freshman (2017-2018 academic year)
- Merit and Diversity: Dec. 1, 2016 (Admissions Priority Application Date)