2018-2019 Financial Aid Processing
A complete file includes, but is not limited to:
- Filing your FAFSA
- Completing any incomplete checklist items (as determined by our office)
The average processing times for these items can be at least 2 - 3 weeks. We will notify students through their UMail account any time additional information is requested.
2019-2020 Scholarship Process for Freshmen and Transfer Students
- All entering freshmen will automatically be considered for merit scholarships upon admission to University of Utah provided they meet the December 1 priority date.
- All transfer students will automatically be considered for merit scholarships upon admission to the U of U provided they meet the February 1 date.
- Need based scholarships do not require a separate scholarship application.
- Students must complete FAFSA application and Financial Aid file with the U of U by February 1 to be considered
Merit scholarship notifications will be sent out with admission decisions. Awards can be accepted when you confirm your intent to enroll.
Scholarship Deadlines (Same as Admissions Deadlines)Freshman (2019-2020 academic year)
- Merit and Diversity: Dec. 1, 2018 (Admissions Priority Application Date)
- Transfer (2017-2018 academic year): Feb. 1, 2019
- Need-based (2017-2018 academic year): Feb. 1, 2019
- Completed FAFSA and Financial Aid File Required