Are you eligible for Federal Financial Aid? A student must meet the following criteria in order to be considered eligible for Federal Financial Aid:
- Be admitted to the University of Utah as a degree-seeking student.
- Be enrolled for the minimum number of credit hours indicated by the specific award.
- Maintain the standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen.
- Be registered with Selective Service, if applicable.
- Not owe a repayment of any Federal Aid to a school previously attended.
- Not be in default on a Federal Student Loan.
Students are expected to complete a four-year degree within the equivalent of six (6) years of study. Students are also expected to complete at least 67 percent of credits attempted during their career at the University of Utah, and to complete at least one class during any semester in which financial aid is received.
Eligibility for most financial aid is based on need. A student's financial need is equal to the difference between what the University of Utah estimates it will cost to attend this institution and the amount the student and the family will be expected to provide, as determined by the U.S. Department of Education.
Estimated Cost to attend the University of Utah
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
Student's Financial Need
Important Information about Pell Grant and Campus-Based Aid
Your eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant and Campus-Based Aid programs depends on your enrollment status as of the last day to add classes for each term:
- Fall 2021: Friday, September 3, 2021
- Spring 2022: Friday, January 21, 2022
- Summer 2022: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
All courses for the applicable semester must be added by this date, including second and short term courses. Any courses added after this date will not be used in determining your eligibility for these programs. The Federal Pell Grant is offered based on full time enrollment status, but will adjust for 3/4 time, 1/2 time, and less than half time enrollment. Please refer to offer information for credit hour requirements.