Native Student Scholarship
The Native Student Scholarship is for undergraduate degree-seeking students who are enrolled members in one of Utah’s federally recognized tribes and commits to meeting the student’s tuition and mandatory fee charges not covered by scholarships and grants from all sources.
To be eligible to receive the Native Student Scholarship, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be an admitted University of Utah student.
- Must be a Utah resident or a non-resident student who qualifies for resident tuition.
- Must be enrolled full-time (12+ units) in a degree seeking program.
- Must be an enrolled member* of one of the federally recognized Utah tribes and eligible
for in-state tuition.
- Confederated Tribes of the Goshute Reservation
- Navajo Nation (Diné)
- Northwestern Band of Shoshoni Nation of Utah (Washakie)
- Paiute Indian Tribe of Utah (Cedar City Band of Paiutes, Kanosh Band of Paiutes, Koosharem Band of Paiutes, Indian Peaks Band of Paiutes, and Shivwits Band of Paiutes)
- San Juan Southern Paiute Tribe
- Skull Valley Band of Goshute Indians of Utah
- Ute Indian Tribe of Uintah & Ouray Reservation
- Ute Mountain Tribe of the Ute Mountain Reservation
- Must have a current completed FAFSA** on file at the University of Utah by the first day of classes each semester receiving the scholarship. (Students need to file the FAFSA once a year and we recommend filing the FAFSA by no later than February 1 each year).
- This scholarship is renewable up to 8 semesters/terms. In order to renew, students must continue to make satisfactory academic progress toward degree completion.
Terms & Conditions
If you have further questions or need additional information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.