External Scholarships - ScholarshipUniverse
What is ScholarshipUniverse?
ScholarshipUniverse, or ScholarshipU for short, is a state-of-the-art scholarship matching system that increases opportunities for students to connect to over 10,000 relevant and vetted external scholarship opportunities. ScholarshipU allows students to create an academic profile to enable them to be connected with various scholarship opportunities from organizations outside the University of Utah.
By letting ScholarshipU do most of the work for you, you can focus your energy on applying for more scholarships to help you pay for your education and avoiding debt.
How do I use ScholarshipU?
- Click HERE to login to ScholarshipU.
- Enter your UID and CIS password to login.
- Answer the questions in order to build your personal profile and match you to eligible scholarships. The more questions you answer, the more likely you are to match potential opportunties.
- Click on the "Scholarships" tab and start applying.
- Once you have submitted your application, you can keep track of your status - or try for more matches - by logging in to your personalized dashboard.
HOW IT WORKS
- You want to maximize the scholarship search process - and we know that's important to you. ScholarshipU gives you control and is a tool to assist in making the process effective and meaningful.
- All students, regardless of program or status, are advised to create a ScholarshipU account and to also file the FAFSA.
- Be sure to update your profile frequently. Information such as your cumulative GPA, number of credits taken, major, etc. change and do affect which scholarships you are matched.
- ScholarshipU allows you to edit or update information on your scholarship application(s) up to the point of submission. Be sure each application is complete and up to date before submitting. Once submitted, applications are locked and are not able to be edited.
- Once an application is submitted, please direct any questions about the individual scholarship to the scholarship provider with whom you applied. UOSFA is unable to answer any questions about the status of the application because the application is submitted directly to the external scholarship provider.
- Be sure to check your ScholarshipU dashboard and Umail account often for updates and new matches.
- Your self-reported information is secure. All data collected will be used solely for matching you to scholarships. The University of Utah does not share this information.
- Only current and new, admitted students with a UID are able to login to ScholarshipU. Parents cannot login to ScholarshipU but are encouraged to help students with obtaining required documents for the scholarship application process.
- All uploaded documents must be in PDF format.
Frequently Asked Questions
Currently, the only scholarships listed in ScholarshipU are from organizations outside the University of Utah. For information on departmental scholarships please visit utah.academicworks.com.
You should update any information when it changes. This could include your GPA, how many credits you have taken, and other personal academic experiences such as internships or learning abroad. At a minimum, students should review their profile at least once each semester.
All communication from third-party organizations will be to the email you supply on your application(s).
For questions about ScholarshipU, please contact the University Office of Scholarship and Financial Aid by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (801) 581-6211.
The organization or donor selects the recipient and sends the funds to the University of Utah on behalf of the recipient. For more information about this process click here.